Thursday, April 11, 2013

Week of April 1st photos

I've decided to start posting weekly blog posts with photos of what took place during the week or whatever kind of fun I got myself into. I take a ton of photos and I really think photos are meant to be shared so here we go.


The picture above is the village of Bell Vue or Black Rocks, on Good Friday. Kite flying during the Easter Holiday is a popular tradition here.


Estridge Moravian Church, on the northeastern part of St. Kitts near the village of Estridge.

Julie's vet school friend from Michigan State, Lauren, was here for a long weekend and the three of us played tourist for a few days. We headed out to Reggae Beach for Lobster Fest, an amazing meal but a little pricey, so we only go there on special occasions. I had to show Lauren the adopted monkeys before our dinner.

Oliver looking at himself in the mirrored image from a spatula. So human-like.    

Lauren, Julie, and Amanda at Reggae Beach Bar.


I almost forgot but we were also celebrating Amanda's last night on the island too at Lobsterfest.

One of the downsides of living internationally is that people and families are coming and going all the time, so it's kind of sad when people you've become friends with leave and go home or somewhere else.





The food looks so good and tastes even better!

Two of my favorite things 1. My beautiful wife 2. Food, notably Seafood!
I caught Amanda, The Southern Belle mid-sentence.

Sorry, I didn't mean to take your lobster!
The next day Julie, Lauren, and I hiked up to the volcanic crater rim. I've done the hike probably almost half a dozen times but I love it.

Mt. Liamuiga Crater Rim Trail.
We made it to the top!
Until next post, Live De Life.